Thursday, February 25, 2010

Tesla

I went to an IEEE meeting today. When I walked out I saw a tiny little sports car by the door. I actually don't notice nice cars that much, but this one just looked expensive. So as I walked past I looked at the back to see what it was. I must admit to being quite surprised to see the model name. Tesla.

I am actually rather sold on the idea now. Sure, the car is useless as a car, I could never fit it in my day to day life. That isn't the point though. No one spends that much money on a practical car. You spend that much money on a car so you can attract a girlfriend half your age. Most such cars however chase off quite a number of hippy girls even as they attract gold diggers. With the Tesla you get both.

3 comments:

Amethyst said...

"You spend that much money on a car so you can attract a girlfriend half your age"

Just don't forget that attracting a girl half your age could get you in trouble with the law for about a decade more. Don't rush out to buy one of these any time soon :P

glmory said...

Another decade also happens to be just about the amount of time it will take for me to save up enough money to buy that car :)

BeadMonkey said...

And you'll be driving ME around in it... or one of your kids. :P