Thursday, January 1, 2015

6,603

The new year comes fast on iNaturalist. Apparently it comes about six hours before the new year comes to California. Unfortunately that put me a few shy of my goal. I ended the month with 6603 identifications. I got another 185 identifications before the end of the day, but apparently iNaturalist is using a different time zone so those are on my January total.

That makes me the forth highest number of identifications in a month, of all time, first was 7924, second was 6695,  third was 6667. I probably won't try to beat any of those records for a few months. Now there is a severe shortage of species I know how to ID. Perhaps in a few months a backlog will build up again. The number of submissions is likely to continue to increase as more people learn about the site.

No comments: