Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cheap

The typical American family spends two thirds of their income on housing and transportation which really doesn't seem like a good way to lead an interesting life. Most of the cost of housing and transportation both seem to be going for status symbols.

Still, it is remarkable how hard it is to get myself to keep those expenses down. I would estimate that I am at about a third of my income going to these expenses and I have been either living with many people in a house or in a studio apartment.

It seems like my cheap car is starting to pay off though. Perhaps I can keep those expenses low. Since there is nothing better than reading an article I agree with I will pass on: The Joys of a $5000 used car

I really hope I don't crash this car anytime soon. I really would like to try and buy all automobiles with cash. Interest payments just seem like a really bad idea to me.

No comments: