Sunday, September 7, 2008

iphone applications

I tried to download iphone applications for the first time today only to find that I couldn't on my version of itunes. Even worse, the old hack I had used to install itunes on a computer with an XP-64 operating system didn't work(mostly because I couldn't download the newest version of itunes because apple blocks you from downloading the 64 bit version unless you have vista 64).

I doubt anyone I know will have this problem, but if you do, here is the newest work around for making itunes work on an xp 64 operating system.

As best as I can tell, it is a real pain in the and may take me another few hours to make it stop giving me dumb errors because of sloppy programming, and poor forethought from apple.


Edit: I spoke too soon. My iphone went into recovery mode, and won't come out. I will have to find someone with a 32 bit version of itunes, update my iphone, then it should work again. However that leaves me without a phone, I really have no clue how long it will be before it works again, I think my only option is to ride my bike to school and try to get my computer in the lab to make it work.


Edit: I have my phone back exactly where I started. As far as I can tell it is just not possible to make applications on the iphone work if you have an XP 64 operating system. Maybe I will just steal a friends XP 32 bit disks and go through the pain in the ass process of reformatting my hard drive. Knowing me ill just bitch about it though.

No comments: